Sr. Group Manager, Brand Marketing
We’re building a team to nurture and scale the Slack brand globally, and are looking for a Sr. Group Manager of Brand Marketing. Working in a fast paced environment in this autonomous role, you will lead a team that develops and implements global campaigns and programs designed to increase awareness of Slack and drive an understanding of our core product offering.
To succeed, you must shape and lead best-in-class brand marketing initiatives that tell the Slack brand and product story in a way that drives results. This role is highly visible in the organization, working as a cross-functional lead across marketing and communications, and guiding partner agencies across the globe. You will be the key point of contact for high-level stakeholders and partners, and report to the Director of Brand Marketing.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Spearhead integrated planning and the development of a go-to-market approach across programs, such as: our global brand campaign, brand partnerships, and in-person activations, and lead cross-functional teams to execute those programs top-to-bottom
- Monitor brand health across the globe through brand tracker research and conduct messaging and communication research in partnerships with our Research & Analytics team, and hone our brand strategy based on insights
- Set brand marketing program objectives and key results, guide measurement and report performance to marketing leadership
- Craft briefs and effectively lead both internal and external creative teams to develop compelling creative and marketing assets, including transcreation across global key markets
- Conduct audience, culture, and competitor research, and develop crisp insights that inform our strategy and shape our communications
- Act as the key point of contact for global marketing leads to craft and guide consistent brand expression and communication across key markets
- Build strong relationships with senior leadership and key cross-org stakeholders to help guide and build integrated programs (Demand Generation, Content Marketing, Customer Marketing, Communications)
- Nurture and lead the campaigns and programs team to do the best work of their careers while creating paths to grow their experience, expertise, and responsibility
What you should have
- Experience expressing brand strategies through global brand campaigns and programs for a technology brand
- Have led global brand tracking: crafting questionnaires, translating insights into implications, and setting new goals
- Experience developing brand program measurement plans and have regularly reported performance
- Experience both leading external agencies and partnering with internal creative teams
- Be forward-thinking, well organized, and has an obsession for detail
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas in simple, relatable terms to build trust with senior executives and drive alignment with cross-functional teams
- Ability to drive alignment cross-functionally, and guide teams to focus on priorities and problem solve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about the Slack brand and product
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.