Research Operations Lead
Slack’s mission is to make people’s work lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We do this by incorporating customer insights from Slack's Research & Analytics department into all stages of product development, growth strategy, sales and customer success programs.
The Research & Analytics team is looking for an experienced Research Operations leader. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the systems, tools and processes that enable the user research practice at Slack. Grounded in your experience doing this for other research teams, you will ensure that user research at Slack is efficient, employing the best tools and methods available, mindful of participant data privacy, and creating knowledge that is accessible to the whole company.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Create or procure systems to support user research at Slack, including (but not limited to): participant recruiting and scheduling, research moderation and recording, lab tech and knowledge management
- Support participant recruiting on an ad hoc basis as we automate and scale it
- Develop and enforce best practices around research participant data privacy and compliance
- Partner with Research Program Manager to create programs and partnerships to scale user research internally
What you should have
- 3+ years experience in research operations
- Experience laying the foundation for and scaling an in-house research operations practice
- Experience creating and managing user research lab hardware setups including cameras, mics, streaming solutions, etc.
- Comfort with basic SQL
- Excellent communication skills
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.