Developer Support Agent
At Slack, our mission is to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. Our Customer Experience team is important to this, as they engage in personalized and productive support interactions every day that empower customers to get the most out of Slack. We have a large global roster of influential companies that rely deeply on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and they each have specific needs that we seek to meet with unparalleled support. We consider Customer Experience essential to Slack’s success. Taking this job is an opportunity to do the best work of your life and support others in doing the same! Interested in joining us?
As a member of our Customer Experience team, we see first hand how customers experience Slack and we deliver feedback to product, design and engineering. In addition to support, the distributed team plays a meaningful role in roadmap planning, product troubleshooting and new feature launches for our Product and Engineering teams.
On this team, you will be responsible for directly supporting our customers - whether that be developers utilizing our APIs to build integrations or users interacting with Slack apps. As an owner of customer satisfaction for the individuals and teams you work with, your job is to solve problems, communicate effectively, and collaborate with internal teams to remove any barriers for the customer.
We are the voice of the customer.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
- Provide fast, accurate and personalized communication related to our integration tools and APIs through email.
- Become a specialist in API- or integration-related product features and troubleshoot them through testing and collaboration with others.
- Spot trends and proactively identify product and process improvements, as needed.
- Empathize with every aspect of the customer experience with the goal of continuously improving how, why, and when customers receive support.
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of your team and the company by sharing knowledge through mentorship, collaboration, and improvements to our API documentation.
- Share customer feedback with the Product and Engineering teams and support product launches.
- Identify, reproduce, and document bugs for the Engineering and Product teams and to support quicker customer resolutions.
- Recognize specific customers' needs and advise on ways to improve their organization’s performance with Slack.
- You understand web services, including transport (primarily HTTP), common data formats (JSON and XML), and standard API patterns (e.g. REST).
- You can write code in at least one language to gather data from web services and use it for your own purposes.
- You are a standout teammate who believes that the whole is greater than the sum of all parts.
- You have experience in a customer facing role and are driven to provide outstanding customer experiences.
- You are an articulate communicator, proficient in both verbal and written English/language and enjoy crafting clear and concise messages on technical topics to customers.
- You are empathetic and enjoy teaching customers and team members.
- You embrace the challenge of solving problems, both with software and soft skills.
- You have a high degree of self-awareness, are adaptable in changing environments and can maintain composure.
- You are hardworking and enjoy digging into the unknown.
- You are honest when something is over your head.
- You have a track record of proposing changes and executing them.
- You have a post-secondary degree or equivalent professional experience.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.