Senior Analyst, Customer Experience
At Slack, our mission is to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive. Our Customer Experience (CE) team lives this every day, by providing delightful experiences to our customers. We have a healthy roster of companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and they have highly customized support needs.
As a member of our CE Analytics team, you will play a critical role in helping the department make data-informed decisions by synthesizing the voice of the customer and delivering operational insights for CE’s Services and Products teams. You will have the opportunity to influence key leadership decisions through your analysis and insights. Your credibility is strengthened through deep technical skills, strong business acumen, and a clear commitment to helping the CE team make data-informed decisions. You bring a strong understanding of SaaS customer support, forecasting models, and support ticket data sets, as well as the ability to tell a compelling story with data.
We consider Customer Experience essential to Slack’s success. Taking this job is an opportunity to do the best work of your life and support others in doing the same. Interested in joining us?
- Mine massive amounts of data. Extract emerging trends and impactful insights that represent the voice of the customer and influence the Customer Experience and Product team’s strategies.
- Use data to tell compelling stories that motivate action across the department.
- Match data analyses to visualizations that enable the entire department to provide a great customer experience.
- Build efficient and sustainable data models that enable CE to extract data and insights as we scale.
- Thoughtfully design and maintain concise, action-oriented dashboards to empower the Customer Experience team to deliver exemplary, reactive service.
- Advise senior leaders and partners in defining measurable success criteria for key department initiatives/OKRs and build the tools to track performance.
- Analyze and recommend refinements to our workforce staffing models to ensure exemplary customer and agent experiences.
- Integrate into the Analytics ecosystem at Slack and identify strategic opportunities for Customer Experience analytics to participate in company-wide research efforts or leverage data.
- A genuine passion for good customer support and the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
- Demonstrate a strong business acumen by going beyond transforming data sets and interacting with technical tools. Understand how to ask the right questions to efficiently scope your work and drive the most impactful results for the business.
- Demonstrate ability to build compelling, focused dashboard visualizations rooted in statistics that help drive action.
- Outstanding analytical modeling skills.
- The ability to extract actionable insights from data and tell clear, concise, and compelling stories to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- SQL proficiency to extract, clean, or transform data in complex databases.
- You are an influential and creative thought leader who collaborates well with Senior leaders, managers, and engineering teams to drive efficient and focused outcomes.
- Adept at managing concurrent analytics projects, assessing the impact of competing needs, and prioritizing work independently.
- Comfortable sharing iterations of your work early to calibrate your assumptions and methods with your audience.
- You are located in the PST, MST, or CST in one of the states we are currently eligible to hire in.
- You have experience in Analytics for SaaS companies and for customer experience teams.
- You are proficient with building data models and dashboards in Looker/LookML and presto.
- You have expertise in programming languages like Python or R.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.