Partner Manager, Alliances and Channels
We’re looking for an experienced professional to localize, implement and scale Slack's alliances and partnership programs in Japan. You will recruit, onboard and enable partners to extend Slack’s market reach and deliver services to Slack customers to ensure they are getting the most value from their investment in Slack. This exciting role will be instrumental in boosting Slack's ability to help Japanese enterprises improve their business communications, operational efficiency, and productivity.
The Partner Manager will closely align with their Sales and Customer Success counterparts to define joint solutions, joint account plans, and joint GTM motions with partners, with particular focus on Slack adoption, customer delight, and partner sourced revenue. Our mission is to build partners into the DNA of Slack's go-to-market motion!
What you’ll be doing:
As part of the Business Development team, we will work with Sales, Customer Success and Professional Services to define local market needs and develop and execute a partner strategy for the Japanese market. Activities will include:
- Identify, recruit, onboard, and collaborate with partners
- Work with partners to develop joint solutions, craft joint marketing and sales motions, develop pipeline, and execute as a team to drive revenue
- Lead regular business performance / relationship reviews with partner senior management
- Use data and analytical thinking to evaluate business performance, identify areas of improvement, and guide opinions and decision making.
What you should have:
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Slack and the problem we are solving, and has meaningful and relevant go-to-market experience with business solution oriented software / SaaS products, with 3+ years working directly with services, alliance, and channel partners. Other attributes and experience we care about include:
- Experience working in early stage programs where processes are loosely defined and constantly being improved
- Strong skills in planning and executing structured GTM programs partners
- Thorough understanding of the partner / SI landscape in Japan
- Strong product sensibility, and comfort with considering basic technical feasibility of integrating with partner solutions and offerings
- A hardworking and thoughtful individual who learns from failures and grows with success, and has the persistence to follow problems through to their final resolution
- A collaborative and empathic mentality enabling them to coordinate effectively with cross functional counterparts
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically in the interest of building the company's value and success in the long term
- Understands all aspects relating to “ownership” and "accountability"
- Previous direct sales experience at Enterprise SaaS company is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Japanese
- High level of comfort working closely with colleagues in English
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.