Sr. Quality Engineer
The Business Technology Engineering team is focused on enabling our employees to do their best work in Slack and showcasing the platform’s diverse capabilities. We do this by building integrations between crucial business systems, automating processes, and focusing on ways we can help our employees do their work more efficiently and without having to leave Slack. We are looking for a motivated Senior Quality Engineer who will help us achieve these goals.
You are a hardworking self-starter with an ability to navigate a constantly evolving landscape. You enjoy and excel at crafting innovative and scalable infrastructure as well as collaborating across functions. Technical expertise and a real passion for innovation are crucial, but you’ll balance that with a desire to improve the user experience for the products and services we deliver to the Slack community.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and encouraging culture—we look for people who are curious, creative, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we seek to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative!
As a Senior Quality Engineer you will:
- Define test strategies and execute test plans for integrations and custom Slack applications.
- Proactively identify and implement improvements to long term testing strategies.
- Partner with developers to integrate test suites into our continuous integration systems.
- Lead efforts to establish and track quality metrics
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have demonstrated ability creating and executing extensive test strategies across both front and back end components of web applications.
- Have solid experience creating or contributing to automated test frameworks.
- Have experience with continuous integration environments, writing testable software, and test driven development.
- Have experience with modern test frameworks such as Cypress, WebDriverIO, and Jest.
- Familiarity with test management tools such as TestRail or Zephyr.
- Experience with Workato, Mulesoft or other integration platforms
- Familiarity with Electron applications
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (Cucumber/Gherkin)
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.