People Partner, G&A
Slack is looking for an exceptional People Partner to join our growing People team and support our Legal, Business Development, Privacy, Slack for Good, and strategic functional teams. We are experiencing rapid growth, so you should be comfortable (and actually thrive) in a deeply dynamic environment. You will design and implement people strategies and solutions, to meet the current and future needs of your business partners. Once ramped up, you will own dedicated client groups, run various people programs, and execute People administrative tasks as needed.
We are building many programs and processes from scratch and need a team member with a solid foundation of success in doing just that! Sound like you? Are you lovely to work with? Awesome. Come work at Slack!
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Build new, and iterate on, existing people initiatives and programs, including performance management, recognition, talent planning, mobility, and more!
- Dedicatedly analyze people data across a variety of sources to identify trends, patterns, and areas of opportunity. Work with partners in Total Rewards, L&D, Diversity, Engagement & Belonging, Recruiting, and more to drive impactful people solutions
- Coach and guide managers and employees on all things people related, including onboarding, benefits, employee relations & investigations, performance, career development, mobility, compensation, etc.
- Serve as a functional People Partner within the organization, while collaborating with other People team members across the globe
- Support Individual Contributors, and managers/leaders up to VP-level within the organization
- Handle general employee relations issues and investigations, along with employee exits
- Assist with the communication and rollout of updated or new people programs and policies
- Utilize HRIS system to maintain employee data and produce reports
What you should have
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a People Partner or HR Business Partner
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Flexibility and resiliency - you should be able to move and grow along with the business’ needs
- Ability to collaborate and proactively communicate across locations
- Experience working with strategic + G&A functions + other global organizations
- Proven track record of identifying people problems and using strategic skills to drive and influence appropriate solutions
- Proven experience providing business insights to inform people strategy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and come up with creative solutions
- Highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple priorities, simultaneously
- Previous experience supporting a wide range of employees and leaders
- A knack for program management and operational excellence
- Experience using Workday software a plus
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.