Sr. Partner Engineer
We’re looking for a Sr. Partner Engineer to work with Slack’s platform and enterprise partners. Slack is more than chat for our users -- it’s where people can work with not only their colleagues, but also the other tools that are a part of their daily work. Slack’s apps and extensibility are a key part of what makes it useful and essential for our customers. By working with partners to bring even more touch points from our users’ everyday tools into Slack, you’ll be making Slack more useful and delightful for our customers.
As a Sr. Partner Engineer, you will work directly with some of our most strategic platform and enterprise partners as they build on our platform, defining use cases, guiding enterprise-grade technical design, and advising on best practices with our APIs. You’ll advocate for our partner ecosystem’s needs internally, and collaborate closely with product and engineering teams to set roadmaps and define and launch new features.
Partner Engineering requires people with technical backgrounds who can also communicate and empathize with developers who are building on the Slack Platform. This role would appeal to someone who loves coding and thinking through complex scenarios, just as much as communicating with a variety of stakeholders, both technical and non-technical. You enjoy helping people solve problems, writing code samples, and presenting to partners.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Work closely with Business Development on our most strategic platform and security partners to create the best possible experiences for joint users
- Be an expert on Slack’s platform capabilities and app design patterns
- Support our partners at scale by creating code samples, documentation, best practices, and tools, and contributing to our team’s methodology
- Collaborate with Slack product, engineering, and other cross-functional teams to build new features, improve the platform, and grow the partner ecosystem
What you should have
- 3+ years of partner engineering, customer engineering, sales engineering, software engineering, or developer relations experience
- Excellent communication skills; you can explain a complex technical issue in such a way that most people could understand & translate the words behind the words in meetings with partners and stakeholders
- Strong understanding of API design principles
- Experience operating within cross-functional teams (business development, product, engineering, design, marketing)
- Passionate about Slack, our Platform, and the problem we’re solving
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.