Enablement Lead: Mid Market & SMB
We are seeking an insightful, hardworking, humble, and creative sales enablement professional that is passionate about helping others succeed. This individual has a track record of success in Sales Enablement and is excited to develop their own skills while crafting high-impact solutions for the Mid-Market (MM) and Small and Medium Business (SMB) segments of our Global Sales Organization at Slack.
The Enablement Lead for MM and SMB will be responsible for partnering with Sales Leadership, Sales Operations, and Marketing to define strategy, drive execution, and communicate business impact. Our ideal candidate is resourceful, entrepreneurial, and has a bias for action and iteration.
- Collaborate with Sales Leadership to vet and drive the Sales Enablement strategy for our MM and SMB sales teams.
- Support the development of a culture of coaching and accountability with frontline managers.
- Partner with management and top performing Account Executives to uncover business needs.
- Own the development and delivery of content and programs to fill defined enablement gaps.
- Lead the development of a repeatable global enablement cadence for global MM and SMB teams.
- Partner with key sales cross-functional partners (marketing, operations, product, analytics) and external vendors to execute against segment priorities.
- Design and develop Sales Enablement solutions across a variety of mediums (e.g., in-person, virtual, eLearning, videos, on-the-job support, management reinforcement & mentoring) to improve upon the way we sell.
- Establish & create assessment and evaluation strategies to measure and iterate on the efficacy and value of training initiatives.
- 3+ years of experience driving sales training and broader Sales Enablement programs
- 3-5+ years sales experience
Competencies for Success
- Highly proficient at building trust with senior level sales managers.
- Strategic thinker who excels in execution, establishing priorities and meeting swift deadlines in a rapidly changing environment.
- Passion for developing others.
- Demonstrated success at leading cross functional teams and partnering with external vendors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Highly organized and proactive.
- Proficient with Slack.
- Experience using standard and emerging Sales Enablement tools (Captivate, Salesloft, Continu, Guru, Highspot), web-based meeting tools (Zoom, Bluejeans, WebEx, etc.), and knowledge management tools (Guru, Highspot) to build agile learning programs.
The Enablement Lead will report to the Global Manager of Sales Enablement Segment Leads
Ability to travel (~20%)
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.