Sr. Software Engineer, Frontend
Slack is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer, Frontend to join the Network team that drives the most strategic areas within Slack: Slack Connect – a better way for organizations to work together more productively.
Slack is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive, and for years, Slack has been changing the way millions of people work together within their organization. But work doesn’t stop within a company’s walls. Crafted to replace email, Slack Connect extends all the benefits of Slack to everyone you work with – inside and outside your organization. It’s the next step in Slack’s vision to completely transform business communication.
What you will be doing
- Collaborate with backend and quality engineers to spec, write, test, and deploy code that integrates with real-time data streams and API endpoints
- Brainstorm features with product managers and designers and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Assist our skilled team in triaging bugs and solving issues in production
- Learn about, use, and teach new web technologies
- Review code and have your code reviewed
- Mentor and be mentored by other engineers
- Work multi-functionally with other teams to set and achieve company-wide engineering goals
- Like the work you do, enjoy collaborating with your coworkers, and go home on time
What you should have
- 1+ years experience with React and Redux, Lodash, and/or CSS preprocessors like LESS or SASS
- Expertise building responsive layouts with CSS and HTML
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in both individual and team environments
- Experience with modern browser technologies
- Strong UX and design sensibilities and an interest in sweating the small stuff
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Self-awareness, a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and empathy
Bonus points if you have experience with
- Experience working on consumer facing products
- WebSockets, Local Storage, or ES6
- Accessibility, internationalization, or localization
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.