Software Engineer, Frontend
Slack is looking for a Software Engineer, Frontend to join Slack’s Rimeto team. Recently acquired by Slack, Rimeto offers an advanced enterprise directory, automatically integrating information from across your organization to deliver rich profiles of every employee, their skills, experience, and current projects. Rimeto brings together everything you want to know about your colleagues and makes it easy to find the people you need and understand the humans you’re working with. Rimeto is a fast growing business that is strategically important to Slack’s long term growth plan.
What you will be doing
- Collaborate with engineers to spec, write, test, and deploy code that integrates with the Slack and Rimeto platforms
- Brainstorm features with product managers and designers and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Learn about, use, and teach new web technologies
- Review code and have your code reviewed
- Mentor and be mentored by other engineers
- Work multi-functionally with other teams to set and achieve company-wide goals
- Have opportunity to work “full stack” and implement features end-to-end
- Like the work you do, enjoy collaborating with your coworkers, and go home on time
What you should have
- Experience building responsive layouts with CSS and HTML
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in both individual and team environments
- Experience with modern browser technologies
- UX and design sensibilities and an interest in sweating the small stuff
- Strong problem-solving skills and a tenacious attitude towards open-ended challenges
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative mindset
Bonus points if you have experience with
- Experience with React and/or TypeScript
- Experience working on consumer facing products
- Experience working with GraphQL or Node.js
- Accessibility, internationalization, or localization
- The Git workflow, including pull requests, code reviews, and CI/CD systems
- Any of the technologies we write about on our blog at https://slack.engineering/
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.