Sr. Product Manager, User Expansion
Slack is seeking a Senior Product Manager to drive our efforts to drive wall-to-wall adoption of Slack across organizations. We know that Slack works best when everyone on your team is there, collaborating together to get work done. This product manager will be leading the effort to grow Slack within organizations, helping get everyone in your company into Slack.
You’re constantly coming up with innovative new feature ideas and thinking critically about which of them will make the biggest impact. You know how to measure and interpret the results of your team’s efforts. You thrive in cross-functional roles and love working side-by-side with the best engineers and designers. You easily manage several projects at once. You work well under pressure, and you are accountable to results.
Slack's Expansion team's goal is to make the working lives of 600m knowledge workers simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We help new teams become successful on Slack, from crafting a delightful experience on Day 1, through team expansion and monetization. Join our team to have an immediate impact on millions of users, and help shape the future of Slack for all new teams.
Are you passionate about building user-facing products and developing innovative and user-friendly ways to bring in your entire work network? Great. Come work at Slack!
What you will be doing
- Prioritize the user experience above all else
- Develop the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for teams to successfully invite others into Slack in concert with cross-functional peers
- Work with design and engineering partners to ship well-crafted product and appreciate the little big details
- Define, understand, and improve key funnels and metrics
- You’ll own features and experiments end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- Drive execution against our plan in collaboration with engineering, design and marketing peers: making trade-offs, anticipating staffing needs, risks, and ensuring frequent and clear communication.
What you should have
- Passion about Slack and the problem we’re solving.
- 5-8+ years of experience leading major product initiatives across consumer or direct-to-customer business products. You can take rough themes and big ideas and turn them into a roadmap of features, experiments, and research.
- Ability to think big and small to build a portfolio of experiments and larger features. You are as comfortable whiteboarding a completely new experience as you are optimizing an existing flow and know when to do which. You can initiate and drive multiple projects concurrently.
- Data-minded whenever possible. You can design, run, and interpret experiments and A/B tests, and probably know a bit of SQL.
- Outstanding follow-through. You say what you’ll do, and do what you say. You hold your team to this standard. You don’t let details slip.
- Product taste and craftsmanship. You will own important product interactions with every Slack customer, and should show the attention to detail this responsibility deserves.
- You listen well. You build consensus by default, but can drive hard decisions when needed. You push the pace. You take blame and pass on praise. People love working with you.
- Written communication that is clear and effective.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.