Sr. Product Manager, Conversations, Search & Channels
Slack helps teams work together - big teams, small teams, of every industry and role. The mission of Slack’s Conversations, Search, and Channels (CSC) team is to make team communication and collaboration more valuable and effective. We do this by constantly simplifying and speeding up the steps to initiate conversation, discuss, retrieve and organize information, and eventually, decide and act, with courtesy and quality embedded in everything we do.
Slack is seeking a product manager to lead key initiatives in CSC as part of the Foundations Product Team. In this role, you’ll set product vision and oversee development for features that define how people engage with and utilize channels. You’ll interact with all the fundamental flows our users experience - from composition to message formatting to search to the channel sidebar - understanding what will best help our users work well with their teams. You’ll focus on business metrics and exceptional product quality, on user research and hands-on prototyping. You’ll work fast with incredible engineers and designers, and put the user’s needs above everything else.
Slack is a friendly, diverse, and supportive culture — if this sounds like a good fit for you, come work with us! This position is based at our headquarters in San Francisco, although we are open to having someone in our New York, Toronto, or Vancouver offices, as well as fully remote.
What you will be doing
- You’ll own features and prototype plans end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- You’ll demonstrate product taste and craftsmanship and be a champion for the customer informed by research, sales and the customer experience team. You will be responsible for driving a crucial product initiative at Slack and should show the attention to detail this responsibility deserves.
- You’ll identify the highest impact work, prioritize that work, and deliver improvements in a measurable way. Along the way, you’ll partner with colleagues in product, engineering, design and customer support to create a healthy, high-achieving team.
- You’ll set a clear go-to-market strategy in partnership with product marketing.
What you should have
- Depth of experience leading business-critical product initiatives. You can take big ideas and turn them into a roadmap of features and research with minimal guidance.
- Tireless eye for detail and demonstrated obsession with building great user experiences
- Ability to think big and small to build incremental features and prototypes in service of a larger vision. You are as comfortable working in paper-prototypes as you are building out scalable features for demanding enterprise clients and know when to do which.
- Natural leadership. You know how to influence people to get things done across any job function. People love working with you.
- Written communication that is clear and effective, and leads to fast decision making
- Passionate about Slack and the problem we are solving (previous enterprise software experience is not required)
- Comfortable and skilled at presenting to and gaining traction with audiences of all sizes, from executive meetings with our CEO, to customer meetings, to company all-hands and external events
- Technically proficient: capable of wading into the details, but can also drive 30k foot view
- You’ve worked on consumer products before and have strong opinions on what makes for an excellent collaboration experience
- You have a design background or strong experience building well-designed and useful products
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.