Sr. Customer Experience Agent, Policy
Our mission is to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We consider the Customer Experience team an essential piece of Slack’s success, and we’re dedicated to empowering and supporting our customers to help them get the most out of Slack.
Our team helps a large roster of global companies that rely on Slack to keep their business running smoothly. Each customer has specific needs that we aim to meet with unparalleled support. We’re committed to giving you the opportunity to do the best work of your life, while helping others do the same.
We're looking for a Senior Policy Agent who is passionate about user privacy, data security, and maintaining customer confidence. New questions, scenarios and challenges arise every day, your job is to take ownership of and respond to complex customer inquiries with precision and care.
You will solve customer issues, mentor team members and lead team initiatives that continuously improve our processes while upholding Slack’s policies to cultivate customer trust. We are the voice of our customers. Come join us!
What you will be doing
- Provide fast, accurate and personalized communication to Slack administrators and users through email
- Solve customer issues by developing expertise in Slack’s internal policies regarding privacy, security, and user data
- Create and maintain high quality documentation to support new and existing policies, often working with Privacy, Legal and Security.
- Identify and surface customer trends and process improvements by collaborating with teams across Slack.
- Empathize with every aspect of the admin experience, leading initiatives to continuously improve how, why, and when customers receive support.
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of your team and the company through mentoring your peers and sharing feedback.
What You Should Have
- You have relevant professional experience in global Internet policy and a keen interest in customer-facing privacy and data protection support
- You are an articulate communicator, proficient in both verbal and written English language and enjoy crafting clear and concise messages to customers.
- You are empathetic and are devoted to the protection and privacy of customer data
- You are curious about technology and have a solid understanding of the impact to business and customers when something in software goes wrong.
- You are hardworking and eagerly embrace the challenge of solving problems, both with software and soft skills.
- You have a track record of proposing high impact improvements and executing them collaboratively.
- You are a collaborative teammate who believes that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- You have a high degree of self-awareness, are adaptable in changing environments and maintain composure. You model this for your team.
- You are resourceful, flexible and hold yourself and the team accountable to results.
- You lead initiatives, follow through on your commitments and persevere in the face of obstacles.
- You embrace ambiguity and have experience seeking solutions in the face of unique opportunities and challenges.
- You have a post-secondary degree or equivalent professional experience.
- You are available to participate in our weekend shift rotation to support on-call needs
- You know SQL and can write basic scripts.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.