Sr. Engineering Manager, Rimeto
Slack is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead and develop Slack’s Rimeto team. Recently acquired by Slack, Rimeto offers an advanced enterprise directory, automatically integrating information from across your organization to deliver rich profiles of every employee, their skills, experience, and current projects. Rimeto brings together everything you want to know about your colleagues and makes it easy to find the people you need and understand the humans you’re working with. Rimeto is a fast growing business that is strategically important to Slack’s long term growth plan.
The Senior Engineering Manager position requires proven leadership and team building success, a deep technical background, proficiency in full-stack design principles, and clear communication and relationship development skills. You love building successful teams and empowering people to solve problems.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- You will lead, motivate and grow Rimeto’s full-stack engineering team
- You will build and nurture a new mobile engineering team
- You will collaborate with product managers and UX designers to develop world-class product experiences for our customers
- You will partner with teams across Slack on feature rollouts and initiatives
- You will develop and execute roadmaps with a bias for iteration and rapid feedback
- You will maintain and enhance a culture of Engineering excellence
- You will proactively groom leaders from within the team in anticipation of future growth
What you should have
- You have 5+ years of experience in either an Engineering Manager or a Senior Engineering Management role leading productive, high-functioning teams. You can describe why these teams were high functioning and what you specifically did to ensure engineers felt productive.
- You have experience managing cross-functional engineering organizations (back-end, front-end, mobile) with a track record of launching major user-facing products (ideally across both web and mobile platforms)
- You can anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a high growth company environment
- You excel at building roadmaps and can develop a long-term team vision in partnership with other engineering teams at Slack. You can then be accountable for driving project execution.
- You love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between objective feedback and career growth.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.