Audience Operations Manager
As a Database/Audience Operations Manager, you will be responsible for building and iterating on scalable data quality processes across our marketing stack. The ideal candidate has developed data processes for high growth marketing organizations with exceptional problem-solving skills and an ability to work closely with marketing, sales, and technical stakeholders.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative.
What you will be doing:
- Identify, maintain and document our audience (prospect, lead and contact) records’ metadata attributes which are used for targeting and profiling; in tight collaboration with our IT, Analytics and Data Engineering teams
- Serve as Marketing’s main point of contact for all projects that relate to ingesting, updating and enriching audience records
- Identify, document, maintain and enforce the minimum set of data required for ingesting audience data from a variety of methods including data collection forms, 3rd party integrations, list buys and record enrichment.
- Publish and maintain reports that profile Slack’s audience including how many records meet minimum data requirements and have data for specific targeting attributes
- Develop and maintain data taxonomies and dictionaries used for validation as well as normalizing and transforming raw data into data that can be used for marketing purposes like targeting and reporting
- Document, maintain and enforce naming and hierarchy standards for campaigns across marketing systems
- Create and execute data QA and audit processes to find and initiate fixes as they relate to improper enrichment, encoding, standardization and synchronization
What you should have:
- 5 - 7 years of marketing experience as either as an analyst or in operations
- Deep expertise with Salesforce data architectures (i.e. Objects) particularly within Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud and Pardot
- Usage of enterprise-class data warehousing and BI tools like Snowflake, Looker, Tableau or Domo to size audiences
- Firsthand experience with data enrichment platforms and/or data sets from companies like Clearbit, ZoomInfo, D&B, Experian
- Experience taking disparate problem statements from stakeholders and turning into consolidated requirements
- Deep RDBMS and analytical background
- Advanced SQL skills including CTEs, REGEXP, functions and JSON/JSONB data types
- Ability to articulate complex recommendations, advanced data concepts and technical dependencies to a non-technical audience
- Thorough understanding of data privacy concerns for marketing purposes including relevant regulations like CCPA, GDPR and CAN-SPAM
- Direct experience working with and understanding needs from a global perspective
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.