Engineering Manager, Network
Slack is looking for an Engineering Manager to join the Network team. Our Network team is responsible for developing and maintaining features enabling collaboration between separate organizations, including Shared Channels.
Shared Channels is key to allowing companies to realize the gains of organizational agility while working with their external partners, just as they do when working internally. This position is responsible for leading and coaching a team of developers extending the Slack experience to inter-company collaboration.
What you will be doing:
- Lead and coach a team of hardworking engineers tasked with delivering secure, flexible and scalable features to our Slack Connect customers
- Craft a meaningful vision for the team, working in concert with product managers and designers.
- Represent the team to engineering groups internally, Slack’s current and future customers, and our partner organizations.
- Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment.
What you should have:
- You have 2+ years of experience in an engineering management role.
- You are a coach and talent magnet. You have experience leading inclusive teams and empowering people to do the best work of their careers.
- You craft a compelling long term vision and set goals to meet it.
- You are a compelling and clear communicator, able to represent your team to internal and external audiences with differing levels of technical fluency.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.