Business Systems Developer, Localization
The Customer Experience Products team’s mission is to help people everywhere discover the power of Slack. We want to inspire the minds and win the hearts of Slack’s customers with innovative content and education experiences. Localization team members support all translations across multiple departments at Slack, using domain expertise to make or advocate for the best decisions for our users worldwide.
As a Business Systems Developer for Localization on Customer Experience Products, you’ll be essential to helping us optimize our workflows and tools. At the same time, you will work with the senior developer to scale our translation management systems, connectors, and reporting processes. You will collaborate with several internal groups and answer technical queries relating to localization matters. We’re looking for an especially motivated individual who can work on solutions to our technical problems and collaborate with groups of partners.
Slack is more than just a tech company, we are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that is eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same.
What You Will Be Doing
- Optimize vendor tools, including our TMS, to ensure that we implement tooling enhancements to help our operations
- Collaborate with Localization project management and quality teams, as well as developers across Slack to understand problems and provide technical support
- Design processes for providing localization in new tools and platforms and ensure these processes can scale
- Collaborate with the Senior systems developer to contribute to technical vision for Localization at Slack and execute on the technical roadmap
- Maintain localization tooling and ensure API connectors are set up to create efficient workflows & increase job automation
- Implement workflow automations to increase translation turnaround efficiency, thereby ensuring high linguistic parity for our customers
- Find solutions for maintaining an up-to-date translation memory within our tools
- Surface vendor-related technical issues and work with our senior developer to solve them
- Keep documentation of our tooling and technical processes up to date
What You Should Have
- Over 2 years of experience working with Localization teams.
- Experience with business process improvement, preferably in a hyper growth environment.
- Experience localizing content in various CMS, LMS and DTP tools.
- Passion about Localization and the problems we are solving.
- Passion for relating to technical audiences, and making sophisticated concepts simple to understand for users. Active coding isn't a requirement, but diagnosing issues and understanding the code will be important.
- Inclusive and proactive communication skills: you can work well with teams and partners of varying subject areas, across multiple locations.
- A self, creative and adaptable attitude with proven analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills. You can give and solicit constructive feedback.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.