Engineering Manager - iOS
Slack is looking for an engineering manager to lead our iOS Foundation team. This team is responsible for our iOS app infrastructure, frameworks, architecture and tooling. In addition to leading the growth and output of the iOS Foundation team, the manager of this team will set direction for iOS hiring, culture, process, and technology across the company.
- Partner closely with engineering leaders within our Product and Foundation teams to identify the highest-impact opportunities to accelerate Slack’s scalability, performance and security.
- Help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- Mentor and grow engineers while keeping them engaged and focused on the product and company vision.
- Help set team goals and technical direction while ensuring that they align with the goals of the larger organization.
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings, effectively communicating the available platform features and constraints of the iOS client.
- Meet with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities.
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
- Represent Slack engineering and management in industry events.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You'll have several years of serving in an engineering management role.
- You have experience shipping iOS applications and you are up to date on the current state of the development ecosystem.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.