Senior Analyst, Strategic Finance
Slack is seeking a Sr Analyst to join the Strategic Finance team supporting Enterprise Sales & Customer Success. In this fast-paced role, you will work across Finance and BizOps functions to drive top-line forecasts, build exec-facing analyses and dive deep into Sales and CS data analytics. Specifically, this role will focus heavily on providing data-driven analyses and insights on customer usage and retention metrics to Finance and CS leadership.
In this high visibility role, success requires analytical savvy, problem-solving sophistication and a dedication to making the highest impact. We are looking for humble, hardworking and collaborative individuals that can think on their feet and thrive in a fast-paced environment. We are a lean team, which will provide you opportunities to influence data-driven business decisions at the highest levels. Your impact will be felt immediately!
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Analyze large data sets key to Slack's Enterprise financial model, ultimately supporting go-to-market decision making and forecasting accuracy
- Drive creation of dashboards, statistical/financial models and complex data analyses to provide diagnostics and insights to Sales, CS and Finance leadership
- Serve as primary point of contact from Strategic Finance to Analytics
- Communicate solutions confidently and effectively across Slack
- Build a consultative relationship across the organization, and meet with strategic partners that align with our highest priorities
We strive to build a culture that balances our values with high standards of execution. You are someone who can:
- Leverage strong technical skills to influence and impact key business decision making
- Remain meticulous and detail oriented while working on a variety of projects
- Simplify huge data sets, complex problems and extract insights with frameworks and analyses
What you should have
- 3+ years of related work experience in an analytical capacity (e.g. technology, investment banking, management consulting, etc)
- Hands-on experience and proficiency with SQL, R, and/or Python
- Advanced analytical skills (including statistical modeling) and business insight
- Ability to build clear and concise presentations
- Effective communication with peers and senior leaders
- Strong project management skills
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.