Slack is more than just a tech company, we are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We have a positive, diverse, and inspiring culture and look for people who are curious, inventive and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we seek to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack values are woven into the fabric of all we do.
Are you passionate about painting the vision of a new way to work? As a Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for building solutions that revolutionize how customers collaborate and get work done by building relationships with key executives, selling directly to IT and business leaders, while also owning the technical elements of a value-oriented sales cycle.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Partner with Account Executives to drive transactional as well as complex, multi-stakeholder deal cycles across all industries to solve diverse mission-critical business problems
- Drive the discovery process, understanding customers' current challenges as well as their key business objectives
- Prepare and deliver high-impact presentations and demonstrations to senior customer stakeholders, aligning Slack to customers' business objectives
- Ensure that customers understand how Slack's industry-leading security program protects organizations and enables compliance in regulated industries
- Develop and maintain Slack product expertise
- Lead Proof Of Concepts where necessary to help your customers validate technical requirements (Data Loss Prevention, Single Sign On, E-Discovery, Platform Integrations)
- Contribute to the success of a rapidly growing and evolving Global Solutions Engineering organization
- Act as a liaison between Product, Marketing and Sales, sharing customer feedback to help influence the product roadmap
What you should have
- Problem solving is in your DNA! You understand how technology solutions can solve business challenges and drive business value
- Desire to continuously learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including emoji fluency); a knack for delivering compelling presentations
- Familiarity with the enterprise SaaS ecosystem
- Ability to thrive and adapt to a rapidly evolving product and market that will define the future of work
- 1-3 years of professional experience, customer-facing or sales engineering experience in a SaaS organization preferred
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
The base pay range targeted for this role is $120,000 - $130,000. This base pay range is for illustrative purposes only. This position is eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: incentive compensation; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; commuter benefits; paid time off (including PTO, emergency time off, paid sick leave, medical leave, volunteer time off, civic duty leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); parental leave and benefits; mobile phone and internet allowance; perks stipend; and other employee perks and benefits. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.