Software Engineer, Analytics Infrastructure
At Slack, data plays a key role in helping us answer all types of questions: whether we should launch a feature, what type of advertisement campaigns to run, what API endpoints are most in need of performance improvements, etc. The Analytics Infrastructure team is responsible for building and maintaining software that powers these decision-making processes.
Some projects we work on are:
- An end-to-end A/B testing framework that runs experiment configurations, tracks metrics, and measures results using statistical models.
- An in-house dashboard builder that allows analysts to combine charts and SQL queries into presentable, easy-to-use web pages.
- A wiki-style glossary for communicating key terms and metrics.
Join us to build a foundation for Analytics at Slack.
- You have a good understanding of math and statistics.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals, including a knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- You understand the importance of programming abstractions and apply them with great focus as you seek to simplify and improve the codebase.
- You know how the web works. You know HTTP and TCP/IP and what a good API looks like.
- You are someone that others enjoy working with due to your technical competence and positive attitude.
- You can jump into situations with few guardrails and make things better.
- Familiarity with distributed data processing tools (Hive, Presto, or Spark).
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.