Software Engineer - Experimentation Platform
Every single day, our colleagues at Slack make thousands of decisions: whether to launch a feature, which API endpoint to optimize for, or which marketing campaign to invest in. Data, if curated well, can help inform these decisions, and running A/B tests is a crucial way for us to acquire such data.
We are seeking an experienced engineer to serve as the technical lead for our experimentation platform. You will be responsible for setting the vision for experiments at Slack, driving adoption throughout the company, and bringing the platform to the next level. If you are excited about leveraging data to make better decisions, we would love to hear from you.
Here are some ways you might spend a typical day:
- Lead technical decisions and own technical solutions for the experimentation platform; describe, analyze, and convince others about major technical tradeoffs.
- Initiate and facilitate meaningful discussions (technical or otherwise) with other engineers, analysts, and product managers around complex issues in A/B testing.
- Motivate and empower teammates to achieve a higher level of performance through mentorship.
- Serve as a data advocate at Slack: answer experiment-related questions, give talks, etc.
- You’ve been building web applications professionally for 5+ years.
- You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions.
- You have a good understanding of basic probabilities.
- You can jump into situations with few guardrails and make things better.
- You are someone who others enjoy working with due to your technical competence and positive attitude.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.