Manager, Platform Support
At Slack, we consider Customer Experience essential to our success. We have a healthy roster of high-profile companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and we want to provide the best service possible. Our Customer Experience team's top priority is to make our customers successful and ensure that their experience using Slack is a pleasant and productive one.
As a manager of support for the Slack Platform, you will lead a team of talented individuals who support the users who build on our platform and the customers who use their tools.
This is a demanding role that requires strong leadership, time management, and communication skills. Your team will look to you for guidance to help them reach their goals and grow in their careers. You will communicate openly and regularly with your team members about their performance, aspirations, and well-being. Your exemplary character, passion, and understanding of what it takes to provide our customers with the best experience possible will allow you to encourage positive interactions with our users and inspire your team.
Slack’s platform is an important and growing part of our product and company, and supporting those who build on it is as critical as supporting those who use it. Our Platform Support team works closely with both the Platform and Developer Relations teams as user advocates and gives an internal voice to our developer community. The person in this role is responsible for ensuring that we provide the best service we possibly can.
What You Will Be Doing
- You will lead a team of 4 to 8 Support Agents across different offices and timezones. It’s up to you to ensure that all customers who use our platform receive accurate and timely support.
- You will support and advocate personal and professional growth of everyone on your team.
- You will lead by example, teach and help develop learning processes.
- You might work alongside the team, answering some support tickets and helping developers build and thrive on our platform.
- You will work with your team to discuss, plan, and implement process improvements.
- You will be an internal advocate with the Platform team for both end users of our product and developers on our platform.
- You will gather data-driven insights and relay product insights from developer sentiments and work with multiple cross-functional teams to deliver results.
- You will partner with our operations and product engineering teams to build, and enhance our tools and processes.
What You Should Have
- You have solid leadership experience and an understanding of the dynamics involved in team leadership.
- You have experience leading a technical team and oversaw their growth and performance directly.
- You have a genuine interest in the happiness, well-being, and success of everyone on your team. You feel fulfilled when they are reaching their fullest potential.
- You have experience with and an understanding of the different layers of the web technology stack, and how they work together to make a functional web application. You are not intimidated by the technology.
- You are comfortable with at least one server-side scripting language.
- You care deeply about data and love deriving insights, showing strong analytical experience.
- You are skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly.
- You have prior experience doing support for a web application and you know how to do it well. You know that every bit of work you do makes a real difference in making a user happy.
- You care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer and developer support and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
- You are a strong, confident, and exacting writer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or related field (or equivalent degree and work experience)
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
The base pay range targeted for this role is $110,000 - $132,000 USD. This base pay range is for illustrative purposes only. This position is eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: incentive compensation; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; commuter benefits; paid time off (including PTO, emergency time off, paid sick leave, medical leave, volunteer time off, civic duty leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); parental leave and benefits; mobile phone and internet allowance; perks stipend; and other employee perks and benefits.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.