Manager, Platform Support
At Slack, we consider Customer Experience essential to our success. We have a healthy roster of high-profile companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and we want to provide the best service possible. Our Customer Experience team's top priority is to make our customers successful and ensure that their experience using Slack is a pleasant and productive one.
As a manager of support for the Slack Platform, you will lead a team of talented individuals who support the users who build on our platform and the customers who use their tools.
This is a demanding role that requires strong leadership, time management, and communication skills. Your team will look to you for guidance to help them reach their goals and grow in their careers. You will communicate openly and regularly with your team members about their performance, aspirations, and well-being. Your exemplary character, passion, and understanding of what it takes to provide our customers with the best experience possible will allow you to encourage positive interactions with our users and inspire your team.
Slack’s platform is an important and growing part of our product and company, and supporting those who build on it is as critical as supporting those who use it. Our Platform Support team works closely with both the Platform and Developer Relations teams as user advocates and gives an internal voice to our developer community. The person in this role is responsible for ensuring that we provide the best service we possibly can.
What You Will Be Doing
- You will lead a team of 4 to 8 Support Agents across different offices and timezones. It’s up to you to ensure that all customers who use our platform receive accurate and timely support.
- You will support and advocate personal and professional growth of everyone on your team.
- You will lead by example, teach and help develop learning processes.
- You might work alongside the team, answering some support tickets and helping developers build and thrive on our platform.
- You will work with your team to discuss, plan, and implement process improvements.
- You will be an internal advocate with the Platform team for both end users of our product and developers on our platform.
- You will gather data-driven insights and relay product insights from developer sentiments and work with multiple cross-functional teams to deliver results.
- You will partner with our operations and product engineering teams to build, and enhance our tools and processes.
What You Should Have
- You have solid leadership experience and an understanding of the dynamics involved in team leadership.
- You have experience leading a technical team and oversaw their growth and performance directly.
- You have a genuine interest in the happiness, well-being, and success of everyone on your team. You feel fulfilled when they are reaching their fullest potential.
- You have experience with and an understanding of the different layers of the web technology stack, and how they work together to make a functional web application. You are not intimidated by the technology.
- You are comfortable with at least one server-side scripting language.
- You care deeply about data and love deriving insights, showing strong analytical experience.
- You are skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly.
- You have prior experience doing support for a web application and you know how to do it well. You know that every bit of work you do makes a real difference in making a user happy.
- You care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer and developer support and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
- You are a strong, confident, and exacting writer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or related field (or equivalent degree and work experience)
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.