Senior Analyst, Data Analytics
Slack is looking for experienced analysts to join our Analytics team and help drive the understanding, growth, and success of the product. The right candidates will have deep technical skills to complement their analytical experience and will be comfortable working with a nascent data infrastructure to identify, monitor, and impact key metrics and help us make better decisions. They will be scrappy, independent, and excited about having a big impact from a new team.
- Use data to inform and influence the direction of the product team roadmaps and inform business decisions
- Partner with product teams to define goals and identify key metrics for existing features and new releases
- Work closely with Marketing to rapidly design experiments and iterate on results
- Improve our understanding of patterns/trends in user behavior and find new product opportunities
- Build automated dashboards and reports to drive awareness and understanding of key metrics and experiment results
- Work closely with Data Engineering to author and develop core data sets to empower operational and exploratory analyses
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- A proven track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key business or product decisions
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate the results of complex analyses
- Minimum of 6 years experience writing production datasets in SQL/Hive OR building internal/production data tools for ETL, experimentation, or exploration in a scripting language (Python, PHP, Ruby, etc.)
- A solid grasp of common statistical applications and methods (experimentation, probabilities, regression)
- Comfort with basic HTML/CSS/JS
- Academic and/or professional experience in a quantitative field
- Experience in software engineering a plus
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.