Senior Analyst, Data Analytics
Slack is looking for experienced analysts to join our Analytics team and help drive the understanding, growth, and success of the product. The right candidates will have deep technical skills to complement their analytical experience and will be comfortable working with a nascent data infrastructure to identify, monitor, and impact key metrics and help us make better decisions. They will be scrappy, independent, and excited about having a big impact from a new team.
- Use data to inform and influence the direction of the product team roadmaps and inform business decisions
- Partner with product teams to define goals and identify key metrics for existing features and new releases
- Work closely with Marketing to rapidly design experiments and iterate on results
- Improve our understanding of patterns/trends in user behavior and find new product opportunities
- Build automated dashboards and reports to drive awareness and understanding of key metrics and experiment results
- Work closely with Data Engineering to author and develop core data sets to empower operational and exploratory analyses
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- A proven track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key business or product decisions
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate the results of complex analyses
- Minimum of 6 years experience writing production datasets in SQL/Hive OR building internal/production data tools for ETL, experimentation, or exploration in a scripting language (Python, PHP, Ruby, etc.)
- A solid grasp of common statistical applications and methods (experimentation, probabilities, regression)
- Comfort with basic HTML/CSS/JS
- Academic and/or professional experience in a quantitative field
- Experience in software engineering a plus
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.