Build and Release Engineer
Slack is looking for an engineer to join our Build and Release team, which is responsible for the tools and infrastructure that keep our Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, and Windows Phone apps (yes, all of them!) building reliably and releasing frequently.
As a special unit within Slack's technical operations team, Build and Release engineering makes heavy use of continuous integration and configuration management tools to produce reliable, scalable infrastructure and enable the engineering teams building all of these applications to deliver feature after feature with confidence.
You should have at least a passing familiarity with all of the target platforms but experience authoring or building software on each one is not expected. Instead, you should possess the ability to research and experiment efficiently, a tendency to automate, and a desire to make their fellow engineers more productive.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing the configuration of Linux, Mac, and Windows build infrastructure
- Automating the installation and upkeep of build tools and dependencies
- Designing and maintaining automated release channels
- Improving the reliability and performance of test and build processes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
These things are not required but are certainly pluses:
- Experience with configuration management tools, especially Chef
- Experience with CI tools, especially Jenkins
- Experience with Visual Studio and Xcode
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.