Use your extensive knowledge of Objective-C and Swift to improve the Slack iOS app, a complex completely native application relied upon by hundreds of thousands of users every day. You will work with real-time data streams, engineer for performance across devices and delight people by making the best software we can imagine. You will collaborate closely with Product, Design and QA to spec, build, test and deploy new features. This position reports directly to the head of iOS Engineering.
A Typical Week
- You'll brainstorm with Product Managers and Designers to conceptualize new features
- You'll collaborate with backend engineers to build new features for our large-and-growing user base
- You'll learn about new iOS technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems
- You'll help our skilled support team triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues
- You'll mentor other engineers and deeply review code
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Experience with Objective-C and Swift
- Experience with modern iOS technologies
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment
- Expertise in building complex layouts with UIKit
- Strong UI and design skills
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude and empathy
- Self awareness and a desire to improve your skills
- Experience with CocoaPods and other major open source iOS projects
- Experience investigating and improving performance
- Experience with threading, Core Data, and networking
- Experience in small startup environments
- Experience working with a team, especially a distributed team
- Professional experience designing applications
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.