Account Executive, Enterprise (Public Sector)
Slack is more than just a tech company. We are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that is eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same.
As an Account Executive, you'll develop partnerships with the provinces, and municipalities within Canada to help build out our Public Sector vertical at Slack. You will work within our Sales Organization to cover existing and potential customers within the sector. You are passionate about being part of a fast-growing company whose platform is transforming the way we all work. This is a strategic role where you will use your expertise and your existing relationships within the government sector to make a huge impact as we gain momentum in this vertical.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- You will manage and grow our Public Sector business with existing and prospect government agencies at the Provincial and Municipal levels
- You will craft solutions within Public Sector accounts as we drive more mature usage of the Slack platform
- You will develop partner relationships and establish strategy for channel GTM
- You will help analyze, prepare and present business cases on potential contracting vehicles, reseller options, and certifications as we assess the highest value efforts
- You will own and drive progress related to government strategy across a cross functional team of Execs, Sales, Marketing, Product, Legal and Operations
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years of field experience selling to Public Sector clients
- Blend of technical aptitude and account management/sales/solutions engineering experience in the public sector (SaaS experience strongly preferred)
- Deep awareness of various contracting options for procurement cycles including reseller landscape, certifications, legal contracts, and schedule intricacies
- Passionate about Slack and the problem we are solving
- Experience with executive-level presentations
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.