Lifecycle Marketing Manager
Slack is hiring a lifecycle marketing manager to play a critical and strategic role in our self-service marketing funnel. This role will work closely with marketing, product, and operations teams to help craft, deploy, measure, and iterate on marketing initiatives that positively impact our ability to help more users to successfully work in Slack.
You will optimize core customer journey touchpoints, particularly email nurture, experienced by thousands of Slack users daily. This is a great opportunity for a creative, results driven individual to have a major impact on a strategic pillar of Slack’s business. An experimentation and customer-centric approach is critical.
We are looking for a proven track record of driving key business metrics, measurable experimentation pipelines, and winning marketing campaigns. There will be a high degree of collaboration with other teams to plan and execute cross-channel projects, particularly around email marketing and coordination. An ideal candidate will have experience not only in the technical aspects of email marketing but also driving email strategy to meet business goals and/or building engaging lifecycle programs in high growth organizations. Experience with other marketing channels (ads, web, IPM, etc.) is a major plus.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Become a specialist in the Slack team creation customer journey and create detailed flows to drive activation and adoption of key features, leading to improvement in product adoption metrics
- Define and implement measurable KPIs for lifecycle marketing email programs with Product and BizOps teams, iterating and optimizing on an ongoing basis
- Partner closely with product marketing, product management, customer experience, and operations teams to ensure proper messaging, timing, and execution of one-off and ongoing campaigns via email and in-product messaging
- Oversee the customer communications calendar, including crafting and deploying email campaigns, positioning & messaging, developing in-product notifications, segmenting audience lists, and reporting
- Build segmentation strategies to customize messaging to users based on key personas, behavioral data, and email engagement data
- Execute and analyze A/B test plans to improve engagement performance and conversion rates
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop new assets for each stage of the customer journey
- Work with our analytics team to measure each experiment, document and socialize findings, and develop next steps toward bigger wins
- Establish and support cross-functional programs and processes that reinforce a cohesive customer journey
What you should have
- At least 5 years of email marketing or product growth experience in a B2B SaaS environment
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing programs particularly adoption, cross-sell, and upsell and an understanding of marketing channels like e-mail, advertising, and in-app messaging
- Organization and efficiency — you can tackle sophisticated marketing projects and own them from start to finish
- Advanced analytical skills including A/B testing, cohort analysis, and conversion rate optimization. Ability to write SQL queries
- Builds clear and concise presentations
- Effective communication with peers and senior leaders
- Strong project management skills
- BA/BS degree
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.