Customer Marketing Lead, Personas
Our mission in Customer Marketing is to create customer stories that support our category creation and empower our innovative community of people who are changing the way they work forever in Slack. We’re looking for a superstar to join our team and build a new specialized function within the Customer Marketing team. You’ll partner closely with our Solutions Marketing team to create rich customer stories that reinforce the value that Slack brings to all lines of business.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for developing and championing long-term, strategic marketing relationships with business decision makers who are championing Slack within their teams. You’ll become a specialist on how customers are using Slack, uncovering use cases and value drivers that are most impactful to their business. You’ll flex your talents by thinking like a marketer but operating like a strategic member of the account team, finding ways to share success stories that drive further adoption and maturity through these engagements.
This person will develop a deep understanding of our customers and their usage of Slack, have excellent written and visual communication skills, and must thrive in operating in a fast-paced, ambitious, and competitive environment with a focus on customer success.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Craft a steady stream of customer stories that support our persona-based GTM efforts, partnering with Solutions and Product Marketing teams to ensure each story includes return on investment and business value
- Create programs and repeatable processes for how we include customer narratives in our go to market strategy, planning for scale as we expand into new personas, industries, and markets.
- Lead every stage of the co-marketing relationship lifecycle with outstanding attention to detail, making the engagement as easy and high-value for the customer as possible
- Lead a cross-functional team of partners across content, creative, and external agencies to create compelling customer stories in the form of field-facing assets, blogs, case studies, videos, webinars, etc
What you should have
- 7 + years of relevant marketing experience with at least 5+ years of customer marketing in the B2B enterprise space
- Proven experience efficiently driving consensus across diverse teams in multiple departments, time zones, and functions with individual priorities
- Great customer and executive partner communications skills
- Creative and inventive problem solver capable of operating both in a strategic capacity and a hands-on/execution capacity
- A customer-first approach with a passion for storytelling
- Bachelor's degree is required
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.