Sr. Software Engineer, Frontend
Slack Platform’s mission is to make interactions between people and software delightful. We make it easier for you to integrate the software you use every day, streamline internal workflows, and discover and integrate new software solutions. We are building the largest wall-to-wall platform for business software discovery and distribution.
A taste of our scale and reach:
- During weekdays, the cumulative number of minutes of active use of Slack by all users globally now exceeds one billion.
- 1.5 billion messages are sent per month, half of those outside the United States
- Every day we see over 8 million simultaneously connected users, over 9.6 billion web requests, and enqueue over 2 billion background jobs
- We have 650k+ custom apps and integrations actively used weekly with 790k+ daily active developers building on the platform
- 90% of our paid customers on Slack actively use apps
What you will be doing
- You'll collaborate with backend and search ranking engineers to spec, write, test, and deploy code that integrates with real-time data streams and API endpoints
- You'll brainstorm features with product managers and designers and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- You'll assist our skilled Customer Experience team in triaging bugs and solving issues in production in your primary area
- You'll learn about and use new web technologies
- You'll like the work you do, enjoy collaborating with your coworkers, and log off on time
What you should have
- 1+ years experience with React and Redux, Lodash, and/or CSS preprocessors like LESS or SASS
- Experience building responsive layouts with CSS and HTML
- Experience with modern browser technologies
- UX and design sensibilities
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Self-awareness, a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and empathy
- You have completed a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Experience working on consumer facing products
- The Git workflow, including pull requests, code reviews, and CI/CD systems
- Any of the technologies we write about on our blog at https://slack.engineering/
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.