Staff Product Designer, Expansion
We are hiring a Staff Product Designer to help craft the future of Slack. Staff Designers are leaders within our teams. They help to define product direction and set/hold the bar for design. They carry features from vision through to execution and launch, all the while prototyping and honing the design to ensure it works for Slack’s diverse user base. Lastly, they are seen as leaders in their own right - helping to set the tone for work at Slack by being humble, smart, and collaborative.
At Slack, we have a positive, diverse, and encouraging culture — we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day!
What you will be doing
- Work cross-functionally with product and engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and ensure design quality.
- Collaborate closely with leadership to define features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area.
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity UI for your features.
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience. You will often sit side by side to build prototypes and iterate on a daily, if not hourly, basis.
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team.
- Work in close collaboration with Design Leadership to inform and improve our design processes.
- Interview new designers and actively advise on our design hiring process.
- Lead by example - do phenomenal work and help people on the team learn how you do it.
What you should have
- At least 5 years’ experience* in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team for desktop or mobile.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction, and visual design.
- Experience working with product managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.