Sr. Software Engineer, Frontend - WebRTC
Slack is looking for Sr. Frontend Engineers to build our next generation of audio / video communication and collaboration features. Our current suite of A/V features already serves millions of users each day. We’re exploring new ways to help our existing and future users get the most out of remote collaboration. In this role you’ll be working with a very talented team of engineers, designers and product owners to make this happen.
The business world is increasingly distributed, and reliant more than ever on A/V communication platforms to keep us connected. But existing tools are struggling to fill this gap - we’re all feeling the “fatigue.” We at Slack believe that there is tremendous opportunity to reimagine how A/V fits into our working lives.
What you will be doing
- Collaborate with engineering, design and product owners to build real time communication features
- Learn about, use, and teach new web technologies
- Assist our skilled team in triaging bugs and solving issues in production
- Review code and have your code reviewed
- Mentor and be mentored by other engineers
- Work multi-functionally with other teams to set and achieve company-wide engineering goals
- Like the work you do, enjoy collaborating with your coworkers, and go home on time
What you should have
- 1+ years of practical experience building WebRTC media streaming applications
- Expertise building responsive layouts with CSS and HTML
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in both individual and team environments
- Experience with modern browser technologies
- Strong UX and design sensibilities and an interest in sweating the small stuff
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Self-awareness, a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and empathy
Bonus points if you have experience with
- Building Electron applications
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.