Executive Recruiter, Engagement
Executive Search is the newest recruiting team focused on hiring the next generation of Senior Leaders at Slack. The Executive Search team is responsible for hiring leadership globally across every business function at Slack. These roles require a high touch, high level of service to not only our internal executive team but also for every candidate that the team engages and comes into contact with.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving strategic engagement & intelligence needs for both the immediate and future search needs across the business. Outside of those functional needs, our collective “DNA” as an Executive Recruiting team indexes high on Relationship Building and Strategic Thinking, meaning we value team members that genuinely care for the well being and success of others, and are constantly thinking about how to conduct world-class executive search.
This role requires in-depth industry expertise in building and managing multiple leadership searches, with experience driving passive strategy campaigns for both tech and non-tech roles. A strong candidate for this role will be a seasoned passive exec recruiter/sourcer, with the ability to think outside the box on sourcing campaigns. They are passionate about providing a high level of service with C-suite leaders and enjoy partnering cross-functionally to creatively recruit. They are process driven and understand the importance of process documentation. They are strong team players who are passionate about strategy, recruiting leadership candidates and are proud to take part in successfully growing the company.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Create, drive and manage the candidate engagement & intelligence strategy for each assigned executive search (Director-level +) with partnership and input from hiring partners (hiring executives and talent partners)
- Build a comprehensive strategy for identifying & engaging a wide array of diverse candidates for each search with support from Recruiters and Diversity & Belonging partners
- Partner with Executive Recruiting counterparts to:
- Prepare for and present relevant market data at all points of client interaction (search scoping & discovery meetings, search progress meetings, interview team calibration sessions, etc.)
- Compile thorough and relevant, yet creative, target company lists
- Gather and present relevant Executive candidate profiles (calibration bios early in search process; accurate & on-spec bios thereafter)
- Conduct “deep dive,” competency-based assessments of candidates to ensure clients are only seeing qualified, top-of-market talent
- Partner with Executive Recruiters to manage Slack’s Exec Recruiting Market Intelligence Hub (collection of in-depth knowledge and data around sectors, industries, companies, and functional areas, along with target company lists and candidate market maps)
- Drive thought leadership around the future of Slack’s Exec Recruiting Market Intelligence Hub, and how it can serve both short-term and long-term engagement & intelligence needs
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the talent engagement process, showing knowledge of sources, industries and markets, organizational structures and companies. Utilize publicly-available, subscription-based, and proprietary resources, social media, and other channels to add to Slack’s Market Intelligence Hub
- Create and drive a diversity network for external senior executives
- Identify, lead and drive team and cross-functional engagement-related projects to completion
- Partner with other members of Exec Recruiting team to continually evolve Executive Recruiting Engagement & Intelligence at Slack into a world-class function.
What you should have
- Minimum 8 years experience working within Recruiting. Including 3-5+ years of relevant Executive Search work experience with an analytical focus, including daily exposure to senior executives in a corporate, management consulting or executive search environment.
- Highly refined presence and polish; strong business acumen, intellectual curiosity, analytical critical thinking and excellent advisory skills.
- High level of Business Acumen for Recruiting and networking for leadership roles.
- Experience supporting Executives and C-suite in a recruiting environment.
- Research/sourcing experience in an executive search firm or corporate environment, executing a variety of searches with an emphasis on an individualized candidate experience.
- Expert at independently owning and driving the search strategy. Able to thoughtfully set out the target company universe and prioritize effectively based on key market insights.
- Proven ability to recruit high-touch candidates, preferably in the technology industry.
- Executive presence; strong consultative skills and domain expertise to build productive partnerships with leaders and exceed their expectations of excellence.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on new markets and to run a thorough, best-in-class search process, including leadership candidate research, outreach, engagement, evaluation and presentation.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.