Associate Software Engineer - Test Infrastructure
The Test Infrastructure team builds tools and systems that power Slack’s Continuous Integration testing pipeline, from the infrastructure where tests run, to the UX that displays test results. Software engineers on the Test Infrastructure team know that a great testing experience has a large impact on the productivity and happiness of Slack’s engineers.
As a test infrastructure engineer you know that every slow or flaky test is a frustrating experience for your customers, and work every day to make the system faster, more accurate and easier to use. In this role, you will use your skills to guide you in designing and building tools and solutions that will level up your fellow engineers’ productivity and enable them to deliver software in a reliable, sustainable manner, quickly.
What You Will Be Doing
- You’ll help improve and scale our CI pipeline, making testing faster and more accurate even as the number of engineers and codebase grows.
- You’ll solve scoped problems and build new features with attention to detail.
- You’ll write maintainable code and tests, iterating and incorporating feedback from peers.
What You Should Have
- Experience writing understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Dedication to team-work, self-organization, and continuous improvement.
- Strong written and verbal communication and social skills.
- Experience working on developer tools or CI a plus.
- Interested in growing your skills with distributed systems.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.