Sr. Manager, Customer Success Methodology
As part of our Sales and Customer Success team, the Customer Success Methodology team will form the approach to delivering value for Slack Customers post-sale. You will also support the adoption and rollout of new or updated methodologies across CS.
What you will be doing
- Align CS Leadership across a common vision for CS Value Methodology and serve as the primary representative of Customer Success Methodology across CS and the rest of Slack
- Contribute to the overall vision and strategy of the CS organization
- Build a team that wins, has fun, and lives the Slack values
- Prioritize where the team invests resources and efforts, in line with CS strategy and business health
- Assess global adoption, maturity, and growth trends for the organization and customers to inform team’s strategy
- Oversee the team who will develop frameworks and assessments for evaluating and supporting our customers on their journey
- Plan and oversee execution of all Customer Success Methodology projects, including thought leadership, playbooks, deliverables
- Partner with stakeholders, such as Product and Solutions Marketing, Value Consulting, Solutions Engineering, Services Delivery, Renewals, CS Go To Market, CSMs, Certification, Partner Enablement, CS Programs, Sales & CS Enablement
- Bring expertise in customer-facing consulting and functional expertise to set a vision to determine how to best serve customers expanding the CS Methodology
- Create and/or streamline frameworks and assessments as needed, ensuring cohesion across all customer facing value messaging
- Lead value positioning for CS within on-going program efforts such as offering development, defining pre-sales positioning, messaging, playbooks, etc.
- Define ongoing governance for value assets
What you should have
- 8-10+ years of overall work experience, with at least 5+ years in a high touch CS enterprise environment, and 5+ years business process transformation and/or change management experience (preferably in a SaaS environment)
- Experience in building out a new function or operation
- Excellent consultative and influencing skills
- Ambitious, hardworking leader with creative ideas to inspire customer loyalty and adoption
- Strong track record of defining and executing against key performance indicators
- Ability to navigate cross functional relationships, while building deep trust and rapport with Pre-Sales, Marketing, Sales and Customer Success teams
- Bachelor’s Degree
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.