Manager, Enterprise Customer Learning Consultants
Can you manage and drive custom learning delivery to a range of customer sizes, including Slack’s largest Enterprise customers? Can you coach and develop learning consultants across multiple regions to improve their craft? Can you evolve our positionings and offerings when creating custom learning plans to meet customer needs? We want to talk to you!
Slack is hiring a Manager for our Enterprise Customer Learning Consultants. This role will lead our Learning Consultants in the AMER Central and East regions as well as provide coaching and mentorship for our Learning Consultants in other regions. This leader will accelerate the adoption of Slack with Enterprise customers by ensuring that each project facilitates sustainable digital transformation and behavior change on how our customers use the Slack platform.
For this role, we’re looking for a proven leader in learning services who can tie together innovative delivery methods, strong consulting abilities, and brain-friendly learning approaches. Your goal is to accelerate the adoption of Slack by ensuring that our customers can take advantage of the benefits provided by Slack by developing skills and maturity across roles ranging from end users, to admins, to executives.
As part of the Professional Services team, Slack Learning Consultants work with Account Executives, Customer Success Managers, Engagement Managers, Technical Architects, Experience Consultants and other cross-functional teams to deploy Slack to large Enterprises. They focus on the employee experience by enabling teams to launch Slack successfully, adopt it widely, and realize significant business value.
What you will be doing
- Hire, lead and coach a team of Learning Consultants from junior to senior levels to improve their craft
- Oversee a portfolio of projects for the Learning function: ensuring objectives are met, managing escalations, and positioning future delivery work
- Coach Learning Consultants on their projects, and step in to deliver on projects as necessary in a billable role
- Work with Success Services leadership to evolve and mature our function, capabilities, and methodology within the Services organization
- Support go-to-market function to scope projects and build statements of work that meet the needs of the customer through the capabilities of the Learning team
- Improve value realized from Slack on services engagements, and identify ways to position further engagements as needed, including developing new offerings for our team
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of team processes ranging from discovery, to tailoring and templating of content, to facilitation techniques
- Enable internal teams and partners around our learning programs
- Lead and contribute to cross-functional programs for Customer Success and beyond
What you should have
- 10+ years learning and/or enablement experience (preferably in a SaaS environment)
- 2+ years of management experience (preferably in a SaaS environment)
- A history of building and growing customer-facing learning teams
- Excellent consultative and communication skills both with customers and with internal partners
- Proven track record resolving issues and risks in a cross functional and collaborative way
- A strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues
- You’re comfortable with adult learning methodologies and familiar with common practices around learning consulting, packaging, and facilitation
- You look at problems sideways: You’re constantly on the lookout for new ways to deliver education to our customers and can speak to examples of product education experiences that you find particularly compelling, and what makes them work
- Ability to travel to customer offices, and other Slack offices, as needed
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.