We’re looking for a Partner Engineer to work with Slack’s security and compliance partners. In this role, you’ll work directly with external partner teams to help them build apps on our platform, defining integration use cases with Product Managers and Designers and guiding technical design using Slack’s APIs with Developers. You’ll advocate for our partner ecosystem’s needs internally, and collaborate closely with product and engineering teams to set roadmaps and launch new features.
Partner engineering is a good fit for people with technical backgrounds who enjoy communicating and empathizing with collaborators of a variety of backgrounds, both technical and non-technical. To thrive in this role, you’ll be passionate about working closely with partners and our product team on Slack’s data protection, information governance, and security related features.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Work with and directly support our partners while they craft the best possible experiences for users in Slack
- Be an expert on Slack’s platform capabilities and app design patterns
- Support our partners at scale by creating code samples, webinars, documentation, and contributing to our team’s technical toolset
- Craft presentations and work with partners to prepare for GTM launches
- Collaborate with cross functional teams within Slack to run beta programs for new features, improve the platform, and grow the app ecosystem
What you should have
- 3+ years of partner/sales engineering, software engineering, product management, developer advocacy, or related experience.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language.
- Strong understanding of API design principles
- Experience working with large enterprise teams and products
- Experience with eDiscovery, digital forensics, and data compliance or security products is a plus
- A passion for working with people, paired with excellent communication skills; you can explain a complex technical issue in such a way that most people could understand
- Experience operating within cross-functional teams (product, engineering, design, and marketing)
- Passionate about Slack, our platform, and the problem we are solving
- Be a great listener—find the words behind the words in meetings with partners and stakeholders
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.