Sr. Manager, Services
Are you an owner who can build out a professional services organization in an emerging market at Slack? Are you a leader who is excited about the opportunity to be part of an expanding global organization? Do you thrive in an iterative, fast-paced environment? Do you love a challenge? We want to talk to you!
Slack is searching for a regional leader for our services organization who will grow and expand our global footprint to support our enterprise customer implementations in the JAPAC region. We’re looking for a leader who is creative, collaborative and experienced. You will help accelerate the adoption of Slack with Enterprise customers delivering service excellence by driving digital transformation and a shift in thinking of how we work afforded by the Slack platform.
The Success Services Leader will play a meaningful role in building an outstanding team and partnering with sales and success leaders to define the regional enterprise strategy. This Services team will sell to and deliver at our most critical enterprise customers across a broad range of users, teams, industries, and geographies. This leader will also play a key role in partner strategy and execution for the JAPAC region.
What you’ll be doing:
- Hiring a regional team across JAPAC
- Building a professional services strategy for the region partnering with sales and customer success
- Supporting the partner strategy and execution in region
- Building a sales motion for professional services in the region bringing knowledge of key cultural differences we will need to apply to how we sell and deliver
- Align with other global leaders to drive scale and efficiencies in the practice and region
- Help customers launch and mature on the Slack platform
- Build senior client relationships and provide strategic guidance
- Continuously improve delivery methodology programs
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Manage any key issues and risks on the project
- Work cross functionally to bring all necessary resources to the table to deliver success
What you should have:
- 7+ years of leadership experience
- 10 - 12+ years of professional service experience in delivery and sales
- Experience building out an organization
- Experience in the JAPAC region
- Strong leadership, energy, problem solving and decision making abilities
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization.
- Demonstrate your ability to think out of the box and get creative as it relates to what a delivery organization looks like at a company like Slack and the technology it delivers.
- Proven track record of resolving issues and risks in a cross functional and collaborative way.
- You are able to present and have discussions at the C level.
- Easily build relationships when working with your customers and internal partners.
- Curious, love learning new things, and are proactive in sharing knowledge with others.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion.
- Know when something is over your head and aren’t afraid to ask for help.
- Written and spoken proficiency in both Japanese and English
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.