Technical Program Manager, Infrastructure
At Slack, we are making work simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. Millions of users rely on us every single day to get their work done, and we take this responsibility seriously. We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager for our Infrastructure Group.
As Slack’s data grows, the Infrastructure Engineering Group aims to provide the best blend of the tools and technologies that will strengthen the efficiency and dependability and scalability of our compute platforms and services. As a TPM, you understand the benefits of moving quickly and can champion methodologies within your team and across the organization. You will play a meaningful role in scaling our Reliability and Cloud Platform Infrastructure as well as making our user experience interacting with our services more efficient, pleasant and productive.You make decisions that are fair and consistent, with an eye toward velocity, stability, and scale. You thrive when given the chance to create programs and have a customer-centric mindset.
This role will have an unparalleled opportunity to influence the trajectory of development within Slack Engineering. This role is remote based.
What you will be doing
- Working cross functionally across the Infrastructure Group, you will align, unblock and enable Infrastructure Engineering to deliver high impact cross-functional programs at Slack.
- Create frameworks to identify and drive technical and process improvement opportunities
- Drive Service Reliability across Infrastructure Engineering Services
- Measure, monitor, and communicate metrics internally
- Communicate status and schedules, manage risks, help reports evaluate trade-offs, and call out impediments
What you should have
- Ability to work independently and communicate across multiple time zones
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers, scope technical projects, and identify technical risks
- High attention to detail and initiative. Ability to adapt quickly.
- Understanding of Site Reliability Operations in tooling automation efforts to reduce toil and increase Service Resilience measures in a meaningful way
- Proficient knowledge of Containers and container management technologies such Kubernetes or Docker.
- Experience with AWS services like EC2, S3, etc
- 5+ years experience developing and managing technical programs and complex initiatives from initiation to completion for a SaaS/PaaS based organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or two years of equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.