Social Media Manager
Are you good at tweeting? Know how to build a B2B community (without sounding like a robot)? Are you a data enthusiast? We’re building out our social media team, and you’re just the kind of help we want. We’re looking for an experienced Social Media Manager that will help nurture and scale the Slack brand globally through our social media channels, and keep a pulse on trending conversations and community insights.
In this role, you will help develop and implement social-led programs, cross-functional campaigns, and day-to-day content crafted to increase awareness and consideration of Slack, as well as drive deeper usage with our users. You will partner closely with internal teams from Content, Creative, Product Marketing, Customer Marketing, Events, and more, and report to the Social Media Group Manager.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Own editorial calendar intake process and work with key partners on timing and messaging that fits within established narrative and channel guardrails
- Own community management on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram and partner with our Slack Customer Experience team on Twitter
- Find opportunities to proactively engage with our community and build relationships
- Become the resident expert of our social toolset, using it to do everything from staging and publishing content to listening and pulling metrics
- Work with the Social Media Group Manager to build an internal reporting system that reports on our high-level objectives and results, as well as key campaigns
- Help the Social Media Group Manager with project management and development of both social-led and integrated programs
What you should have
- 4-6+ years of experience in social media marketing — ideal if you’ve worked with a variety of brands (B2B software, lifestyle, etc.)
- Strong understanding of social media channels, content development, and social analysis
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build trust and partnerships across levels
- Forward-thinking, well-organized and has an obsession for detail
- Experience working together with internal creative teams and cross-functional marketing partners
- Passionate about the Slack brand and product
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.