Sr. Data Scientist, Expansion
We are hiring an experienced data scientist for our Expansion product team, a cross-functional team that builds foundational product experiences to help teams become successful on Slack. Our team focuses on the critical moments within the team’s lifecycle: creating and joining workspaces, in-product education, growing the number of users on Slack, and purchasing & billing.
In this role, you will inform and influence decisions using data and research by crafting our findings into narratives and partnering with key decision makers within the company. You will be a strong partner to researchers with varying backgrounds, including user researchers, market researchers, and survey scientists.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Apply data science methods to understand the most meaningful aspects of our product, users, and business
- Organize disparate facts and findings into powerful narratives that have the broadest possible application within Slack
- Evangelize evidence-based decision making by partnering with key decision makers and driving accessibility of data and insights
What you should have
- 5+ years of professional industry Data Science or Analytics experience, ideally within a consumer facing technology industry
- An advanced degree (MS, PhD) in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Economics, Physics) a plus
- A proven record of using data to drive product teams to release new features and achieve ambitious goals
- Expertise in at least one programming language for data analysis (e.g. Python, R)
- Expertise in designing and testing experiments
- Experience using statistical and machine learning methods to build descriptive and predictive models
- Experience working with data technologies that allow effective storage and analysis of large amounts of data (e.g. Spark, Presto, Hive, Hadoop, etc)
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.