Sr. Manager, Sales - SMB
We are looking for an inspirational, senior strategic leader to lead our newly defined EMEA SMB Sales function at Slack. You will have an outstanding track record in managing high performing teams within an enterprise software company, can communicate effectively across multiple departments, and enjoy building and scaling sales teams at pace. This is a rare opportunity for someone looking to join in the early stages of a rapidly growing technology company and be a key contributor to defining success for the region. We are looking for a candidate who will excel through driving performance & activity, instilling a positive mindset, celebrating the wins and coaching through challenges, as we embark on our next phase of rapid growth!
The objective of this role is to grow Slack’s EMEA footprint which makes the role a vital part of Slack’s global management team.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Hire and build a management and AE team that wins together, has fun and lives the Slack values
- You will understand your team's path to success and help define this within the sales Go-to-market strategy
- Develop and revise Slack’s sales strategy for the EMEA SMB segment
- Partner with local and global cross-functional teams to drive success and prioritize where Slack invests its resources
- Drive the team towards key performance metrics and goals
- Help define the key value propositions we pitch to customers in the SMB
- Manage the team to effectively present Slack’s value proposition in the market
- Participate in strategic customer and prospect meetings to understand customer sentiment for the region and incorporate onto future initiatives
What you should have:
- Proven track record (5+ years) of selling software and achieving personal and team goals, preferably within a SaaS organization
- 3+ years of successful sales management experience, preferably in a transactional sales environment (SMB/MM). Experience as 2nd line sales manager is a strong plus.
- Experience delivering new, add on/upgrade transactions in complex sales environments selling to multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Strong track record of identifying, coaching and promoting diverse top talent
- Evidence of data driven, strategic change management in a software sales environment
- History of thriving in a rapidly-changing environment
- Passion for increasing customer happiness and deepening executive relationships
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor
- Demonstrates strong influence skills, handles objections with ease, and tailors solutions to meet specific customer needs
- Bachelor's degree preferred, fluency in English & a good network of prospects/ customers, partners & candidates to leverage.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.