Director, Product Analytics and Data Science
Slack is hiring a Director of Product Analytics to oversee Product Analytics and Data Science efforts. You will be part of the broader Research and Analytics team responsible for empowering the organization to make data-informed decisions. You will partner closely with leaders in Research and Analytics, working together to understand the how and why of people, team and company challenges, workflows and culture. Your team is responsible for delivering data and insights that drive decision making, execution and investments for our product initiatives.
You will work cross-functionally with product, design and engineering, enabling them with data and narratives about the customer journey. You’ll also work closely with other data teams, such as data engineering and business technology, to ensure we are creating a strong data culture at Slack that enables our cross-functional partners to be more data-informed.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
- You’ll build, lead and mentor a high-performing team of analysts and managers
- You’ll drive the vision and strategy for product analytics at Slack
- You’ll partner closely with Product, Engineering and Design leadership to understand the role of Data and how we can drive impact throughout the product development process
- You’ll help define and build a strong data culture at Slack by working cross-functionally with data leadership
- You’ll be a strong advocate for the team, and represent their needs and challenges with cross-functional leadership
- You’ll work closely with Research and Analytics leadership to answer important questions about our customers, our product and the business
- You’ll transform the culture internally by enabling cross-functional partners to do more with data
- You’ll partner closely with our Product leadership team to influence planning and prioritization
- You’ll be able to confidently tell the story of Slack through data
- You’ll deeply understand the business and proactively spot risks and opportunities
- 5+ years of experience in a management role, responsible for both senior individual contributors and managers
- Extensive and relevant work experience leading and growing a high-performing Product Analytics team
- A proven track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key decisions
- Experience leading and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Strong storyteller and ability to communicate effectively with managers and executives
- A nuanced understanding of diverse and inclusive hiring practices
- Comfort with ambiguity and grace under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You use Slack and love emojis
- Degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- Understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages, such as R, MATLAB, etc.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.