Sr. Program Lead, Manager Performance
Slack is more than just a tech company. We are on a mission to make working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent eager to do the best work of their lives while supporting others in doing the same.
We are seeking a smart, hardworking, and successful enablement professional who is passionate about helping sales & success leaders succeed.
As the Manager Performance Lead, you’ll partner with Slack’s global leadership team to identify opportunities to drive manager productivity and accelerated performance from all people managers within our global Sales & Success organization.
In this high-impact role, you’ll build and deliver our manager enablement strategy, identifying key moments in the manager journey that help our people leaders be more efficient and impactful in their work. You will partner with senior leadership to identify and assess relevant data points to inform your approach. Your work will form the foundation for a strategic vision of defining and enhancing a full suite of manager competencies and developing a high-performance coaching culture within our sales & success organization.
Slack has a diverse and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Collaborate with second line leadership to define competencies
- Build a direct line of communication between enablement and our growing manager population
- Drive the manager onboarding strategy across all people manager roles within our global Sales & Success organization.
- Uncover business needs, design solutions to address these needs, launch, and measure.
- Lead cross-functional efforts, when required, to enable managers to succeed in their role.
- Design and develop solutions across a variety of mediums (e.g., in-person, virtual, eLearning, videos, on-the-job support, management reinforcement & mentorship tools) to accelerate manager performance and impact
- Proactively balance the full training development life-cycle from inception to delivery
- Establish & create assessment and evaluation strategies to measure the efficacy and return on investment of manager enablement initiatives and iterate based on results.
- Partner with other sales enablement teams at Slack to ensure program customization, tailoring and quality.
What you should have
- 5+ years of experience working in leadership development with first and second line people leaders, within a sales enablement, learning & development or consulting organization
- Experience designing and implementing a coaching and/or sales methodology
- Highly proficient at building strong, positive relationships with senior level partners.
- Excels in execution, establishing priorities and meeting swift deadlines at a fast pace, in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to execute.
- Passion for developing others.
- Proven success at running cross functional teams and partnering with external vendors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and proactive.
- Experience using standard eLearning tools such as (Rise, Captivate, Continu, etc.), web-based meeting tools (Zoom, etc.) and Knowledge management tools (Guru, Highspot) to build sound learning programs is desired.
- Ability to travel (~15%)
Location: NYC, SF, CHI, Remote
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.