Slack is looking for a Broadcast Engineer to join its growing Media Production Team, that will provide media support to the entire Slack organization. Using strong functional/business expertise and technical proficiencies, this team member will provide broadcast support to business users, in addition to participating in projects and initiatives that will enable and facilitate the continued growth of Slack. You are well-versed in broadcast and video technologies, and a demonstrable ability to develop solutions for complex business problems.
As a Broadcast Engineer on the Media Operations team at Slack, you will work closely with the team to ensure all production equipment is maintained and configured to meet the needs of all live events hosted by Slack. Ensuring the overall health of our audio and video technologies, will be crucial to making us all more productive by enabling us to connect in a richer and more meaningful way. In this role, you will have the opportunity to excel at crafting and building robust AV systems to support the business and to collaborate with multi-functional teams.
You will work with the Sr. Manager of Media Operations and you will be based at global our headquarters in San Francisco. Your team provides the technology and IT Support that makes our employees more effective. Your focus will include, yet is not limited to: video conferencing, live event support, video production, post-production, digital signage, way-finding kiosks, SaaS applications and integrations with Slack and other tools.
- Responsible for technology within the Slack Event, Training & Studio spaces as well as remote location setups for live events.
- The setup and configuration of new technology. This would include documentation and training and well as system maintenance, patching and upgrades.
- Maintain access control permissions for production equipment and systems in addition to inventory and configuration documentation.
- Broadcast Routing & Production Switcher Configurations. Audio DSP configurations and tuning. Running production control stations on KVM.
- Ensuring production Intercom is available at any office location. Management of ingest and play-out devices. Shared storage management (NAS).
- Serve as the point of contact for network related issues and also operate as EIC (Engineer in Charge) during high profile broadcasts.
- Ability to comfortably step into other production roles as needed (Audio Console, Video Switch, Stream Eng, Cam operator, etc).
- Assist in the continuous improvement of our video conferencing and digital signage ecosystem to ensure flawless experience across offices.
- 6+ years in A/V engineering roles, specifically focused on live broadcast.
- Experience with systems across multiple locations (ideally globally).
- BA/BS, or relevant experience.
- Experience in a multifaceted, fast-growing environment.
- Ability to clearly and simply explain complex technical concepts.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.