Product Marketing Manager, Release Marketing
Slack is hiring a Product Marketing Manager, focused on product releases, to play a critical and strategic role in our core product marketing team. This is an exciting opportunity to shape the ways in which Slack brings new product innovations to customers.
We are seeking a seasoned marketer who is not just interested just launching individual features, but also building out full programs and processes that continue to advance Slack’s release program. A successful candidate will be able to listen to customers with empathy and use those findings to continually improve how we deliver new products and releases.
You are someone who has a knack for navigating ambiguity, driving clarity, and influencing strategic decisions. You also demonstrate a collaborative spirit, and have experience working closely with sales, customer success, and product organizations.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Build and operationalize the way we deliver a drumbeat of product releases to our customers
- Lead the charge on new ways to communicate “what’s new at Slack” to our users and customers
- Craft messaging and positioning for future releases
- Own the product roadmap — from content development down to enablement and training
- Serve as voice of customer to seek ways to improve release process
- Form deep, collaborative partnerships with sales, customer success, and product teams to set, execute against, and measure shared goals
What you should have
- 4+ years of relevant experience in product marketing in a B2B SaaS environment
- BA/BS degree
- Experience with building out cross-functional programs around feature delivery and innovation
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience working at product-led growth organizations
- Experience working directly with customers to understand their needs
- The ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment, and in rallying different teams around a shared goal
- Be forward-thinking, well organized, and have an obsession for detail
- Have a passion for Slack's brand, product, and customers!
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.