Senior Community Manager
At Slack, our mission is to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive – and our users are at the heart of everything we do and build. We’re looking for a Senior Community Manager to join our team and support our most passionate customers and users.
Our community mission is to empower all users to thrive in Slack and turn the champions of our community into force-multipliers who can share their knowledge with others at scale.
In this role, you’ll oversee the management of the community from strategy through execution, working closely with cross-functional teams and business stakeholders to define, develop, and execute community related initiatives.
This brand new role will live in Product Marketing, on our Community team, reporting to the head of Community. It is highly cross-functional, requiring partnership with fellow marketers and colleagues in product, engineering, sales, customer experience and more.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like you, why not say hello?
What you will do
- Moderate, listen and engage regularly with our amazing community members, providing them with any support and resources they need, activating the community around a shared mission
- Design, configure, and continually optimize the community digital experience
- Cultivate a sense of trust, care, well-being, inclusiveness, and belonging in the community
- Develop and implement internal and external community advocate programs to motivate and incentivize top community contributors
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive set of community guidelines and policies
- Monitor community health and produce reports on relevant issues and outcomes
- Represent the voice of our community in cross-departmental communications, sharing trends, pain points, and sentiments
- Understand how to manage difficult situations within the community with tact and to escalate when appropriate
- Identify sources of churn in the community and come up with creative ways to reduce churn
- Meet regularly with internal stakeholders providing community insights, updates and guidance on ways to engage with the community
- Develop and manage a robust community content strategy ensuring accuracy and relevancy
What you should have
- 4-7+ years of related community management experience building, managing and scaling online communities
- Empathy, you understand community feedback and will put yourself in their mindset and make actionable decisions based on it
- An affinity for Slack the product
- You have worked with cross-functional teams (Marketing, Product Management, Customer Success) to plan and execute supporting community activities
- You have worked with one or more community platforms (e.g., Salesforce Experience Cloud, Lithium/Khoros, Jive, Higher Logic/Vanilla, Telligent/Verint, inSided)
- Excellent teamwork and written/verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of the organization and with outside groups
- You are able to manage deadlines and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment; highly organized, with the ability to work with multiple teams in different countries
- You are comfortable with ambiguity
- Maturity to prioritize and understand where to introduce new processes without slowing things down
- A strong generalist, you can seamlessly shift gears between different working styles and regularly learn new processes
- Passionate about being a community and customer advocate with a willingness to go the extra mile to serve our customers
- Experience at an enterprise software company is a plus
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has sixteen offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.